A career as a makeup artist planner can be rewarding and fun, but it’s important to start with the right training in order to get started on the right path. Since there are so many different makeup lines out there, how do you know which company to choose?
This guide will take you through everything you need to know to become a great makeup artist planner, including training options and some of the best brands to work with. Before long, you’ll be planning events that look like they were designed by professionals!
What does it take to become a makeup artist?
Sure, you can throw on some lip gloss and call yourself a makeup artist—but if you want to make money in that field, you need to have years of experience and skill under your belt. If you’re interested in becoming a makeup artist planner, there are some key considerations.
Let’s take a look at how much it costs and what skills are needed:
How Much Does It Cost?
This is probably one of the biggest questions for aspiring makeup artists; unfortunately, we don’t have an easy answer for you. Your budget will depend on which state or country you live in, as well as what school (or schools) you choose to go through.
In general, though, expect to pay somewhere between $500 and $1,000 per year for training and certification courses. You can try taking community college classes or even do an apprenticeship; most professionals agree that formal education is worth every penny.
What Skills Are Needed?
Once you’ve got your degree, you should be prepared to learn plenty of new things—if not more than ever before! Makeup artistry isn’t just about wearing makeup anymore; these days, jobs require a combination of technical knowledge and artistic talent.
Here are some of the most important skills you’ll need:
Technique – Most importantly, makeup artists must know their way around products. Everything from hair dye to concealer is fair game with these guys; truly talented makeup artists know their way around almost any product out there!
Technical Knowledge – Knowledge is power, especially when it comes to makeup. Beauty buffs spend hours watching tutorials online, so brush up on your YouTube game ASAP!
Artistic Talent – Good makeup artists aren’t just good technicians; they also have great instincts when it comes to picking colors and textures. True color choices only come with time and practice…and you get both while working toward your license.
Tips for successful freelance makeup planning
The Secret to Succeeding as a Freelance Makeup Artist Planner: Follow these tips for successful freelance makeup planning and you’ll have clients lining up for your services. Take notes!
1. Practice in front of friends, family, or any mirror that will hold still long enough.
2. Take classes and become educated about skin care products and their uses in your community before you start freelancing.
3. Keep business cards on hand—give them out liberally and follow up with customers right away.
4. Build a strong online presence; create a website that allows potential customers to book appointments, pay online, add you to social media accounts (like Facebook or Instagram), etc., from one location so they can connect with you at all times.
5. Update regularly; it doesn’t matter how great something is if it doesn’t fit current trends anymore!
6. Be professional; treat every customer like you would want to be treated by anyone providing a service. No one wants a sassy or bossy planer!
7. Do extra research on trends specific to your area, and don’t be afraid to ask an expert what’s going on topically around town; people are always happy to help another small business owner succeed in a big way.
8. Set goals for yourself like making $1,000 per month within three months of launching your new business venture!
How you can be different from other freelancers as a makeup artist planner
*You can offer more services
*You are very efficient at doing your job.
*You can advise your clients on what products they should use.
How do you become efficient in makeup artist planning?
Watch makeup tutorials online
and learn different techniques of applying makeup by using various brands’ makeup products.
Work on your portfolio with photos of different types of look and style you have created.
Hire makeup artists who will teach how to do bridal make-up, party make-up, prom make-up and so on.
Being a makeup artist planner is not easy but it is sure worth it because there will be many opportunities waiting for you once you become an expert. You don’t want to limit yourself only as a makeup artist, after all, you want to grow in life and make yourself much better than before.
This might just be your beginning of becoming successful. Many people dream about being famous or rich overnight; that never happens! It takes time, patience and hard work. You don’t become successful overnight because success doesn’t come easily!