Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
The overall objective is to perform moderately complex cash & trade operation tasks, by providing processing assistance for assigned projects.
- Execution of trade products transactions within the established controls and standards,
- Implementation of policies, processes and products affecting trade.
- Act as a point of contact for Trade Customers to facilitate resolution of trade queries
- Acts as a focal-point for all service-level initiatives
- Monitors Trade Ops performance against our service level agreements
- Provide advice and where required training to customers on various queries and deficiencies noted.
- Provide feedback to the business and product development on customer behavior and opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert for User Acceptance Training (UAT) and training initiatives; train new team members and lower level personnel
- Participate in compliance related activities to minimize losses
- Assist with cash & trade operational project needs
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in Trade Operations and Transaction services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and data entry skills
- University graduate with minimum upper second honors (or equivalent)
Skills and Knowledge:
- University Degree
- Technical competence with MS office applications.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Familiarity with the processing systems
- Good customer service
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- A team player
- Willing to learn, a fast learner preferred
- Positive attitude
- Good judgment.
- Ability to work independently/ unsupervised
- Quality of work has to be high due to a high level of customer awareness and competition. Timeliness and error free processing of transactions is key.
- Be alert on frequent changes in Government regulations, Bank policies and procedures due to restructuring.
- Ability to handle large volumes.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- High volumes of transactions which require more time to process
- Due diligence is required at all times to ensure that documentary procedures are adhered to as per the banks regulations.
To apply for this job please visit citi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.